Bad publicity, Good publicity, in all they are much still regarded as publicity. And most times in the entertainment scene, it takes that one moment to finally make your mark and rise to prominence.
For Korra Obidi, her recent marriage crisis might just be that light in the tunnel, with her social media following skyrocketing daily and her latest children book, “Korra and the last seeds of Odinani” rising to number one on Amazon.
Could this be that “moment” for the singer? While we ponder, let’s take a look at some facts about her many people do not know.
Five facts about Korra Obidi you probably didn’t know:
- Korra is born to a family of six and the third child of four children. Her mother is late and is left with her father, two sisters and a brother.
- Korra and fellow dancer Slim taught dance classes at Body Language dance studio in Lagos before she relocated. They were featured in P-Square’s music video, “Shekini” in 2014.
- She has been singing professionally for seven years, and released her first single with a music video , “Man like you” in 2015.
- Korra met her husband, Justin Dean on popular dating app, Tinder while she was teaching language through dance in Shanghai, China. Her husband, Justin worked as a sports therapist for the Chinese National Olympics Team.
- She went viral in 2019 when she auditioned at the popular American reality dance show, “So You Think You Can Dance”, while she was six months pregnant. She was the first pregnant woman to ever audition for the show.