This year’s edition of the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards (AMVCA) is slated to hold on Saturday, May 14th, and the organizers have finally unveiled our hosts for the night: Ik Osakioduwa and Bonang Matheba.
Announcing the AMVCA 2022 hosts, Executive Head of Content and West Africa Channels, MultiChoice Nigeria, Busola Tejumola, said:
“We are excited to have Bonang join IK as co-host for the eighth edition of the AMVCAs. They are both extremely talented and have attained continental acclaim, having hosted some of Africa’s biggest shows. Together, they will keep the crowd entertained on the biggest night to celebrate African film and TV stars”.
This isn’t IK Osakioduwa’s first rodeo at the AMVCAs. On making a return to the familiar stage, here’s what the ace presenter had to say:
“I feel honoured to be hosting the AMVCAs again. I’m also really excited about the decision to honour the social media content creators with a category of their own. Trust me when I say, without a doubt, this year is going to be another amazing outing for the African film industry”.
Speaking of her AMVCA debut, Bonang expressed her excitement, saying:
“It’s been a long time coming. It’s always such an honour to host live productions, and I think after COVID, we haven’t had the opportunity to be outside to have these big, big productions with live studio audiences. So, it’s lovely to have all of that back. It’s also an honour. Any single stage I get to step on is an honour. I’ve always wanted to work with IK. I am a huge fan of his. So, I’m looking forward to that too, “she said.
The AMVCA 2022 is slated to be an 8-day event culminating in the award gala night proper on May 14. Here’s the run down of what to expect at the ceremony:
- The opening night is on Saturday, 7 May.
- Followed by a first-ever AMVCA runway show on Sunday, 8 May.
- On Monday, 9 May will be Young Filmmakers’ Day with movie screenings and panel discussions by students of the MultiChoice Talent Factory academy.
- Africa Magic will host industry stakeholders for a special Content Market Workshop on Tuesday, 10 May.
- And a pan-African food festival and cultural day on Wednesday, 11 May.
- A Digital Content Creators’ brunch to spotlight the growing popularity of online content creators will hold on Thursday, 12 May.
- Followed by a special gala for nominees on Friday, 13 May.
Watch the AMVCA 2022 on Africa Magic channels on DStv and GOtv from 4 PM (WAT) on Saturday, 14 May.
Click HERE to see the list of nominees.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings