As long as Nollywood is concerned, Funke Akindele is nobody’s mate, and Battle on Buka Street confirms that.
Data from the Cinema Exhibitors Association of Nigeria (CEAN) shows that the comedy-drama has earned over N640 million after spending only nine weeks in theatres, unseating Omo Ghetto: The Saga (2020), a movie also by Funke Akindele, to wear the crown of highest-grossing Nollywood movie of all time.
Funke Akindele is now the only Nigerian filmmaker to make over N500 million twice at the Nigeria box office.
Top 5 Highest-Grossing Nollywood Movies
- Battle On Buka Street (2022) – ₦640,725,717 (and still counting)
- Omo Ghetto: The Saga (2020) – ₦636,129,120
- The Wedding Party (2016) – ₦452,288,605
- The Wedding Party 2 (2017) – ₦433,197,377
- Chief Daddy (2018) – ₦387,540,749
Congratulations to Funke Akindele and her team!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings