Six-time Golf Masters winner, Tiger Woods said on Tuesday he has left the hospital and is recovering at home after being seriously injured in a car crash which took place in Los Angeles last month.
In a statement released on social media, he thanked the hospital staff who cared for him following his single-vehicle car accident on the 23rd of February.
“Happy to report that I am back home and continuing my recovery,” Woods said in the post. “I am so grateful for the outpouring of support and encouragement that I have received over the past few weeks.”
“Thank you to the incredible surgeons, doctors, nurses, and staff at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. You have all taken such great care of me and I cannot thank you enough,” he continued. “I will be recovering at home and working on getting stronger every day.”
The 15 time professional major golf championship winner suffered multiple fractures in the horrific accident, when he careered off the road “at high speed” and was lucky to survive as his car rolled several times before coming to rest on an embankment.